ZACH ERTZ

King of Queens

ZACH ERTZ

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:31 am

Not sure if we have ever seen this happen. A player (ZACH ERTZ) has already played his Week 6 game, and was traded to a team that has not yet played their Week 6 game (Arizona Cardinals). If Ertz plays for the Cardinals on Sunday, does he get Thursday's points AND Sunday's points?

Don Draper

Re: ZACH ERTZ

Post by Don Draper » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:59 am

I don’t believe he is eligible to play Sunday.

How about if Ertz was on your bench for Thursday’s night game. Are u eligible to move him into your starting lineup since he’s now on the cardinals? 👀

Greg Ambrosius

Re: ZACH ERTZ

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:07 am

Don Draper wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:59 am
I don’t believe he is eligible to play Sunday.

How about if Ertz was on your bench for Thursday’s night game. Are u eligible to move him into your starting lineup since he’s now on the cardinals? 👀
To both of your questions, I think it's in the CBA that a player can't play twice in the same week. And I'm pretty sure that if he was on your bench that he was locked on Thursday night in our system.

Definitely a first that I can remember of a player getting traded AFTER the Thursday Night Game that he played in, but unlike baseball he can't just play the next day.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius