Avg Pick Time

Steel Lugnuts

Avg Pick Time

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Tue May 19, 2020 3:52 pm

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this Avg Pick Time not calculating correctly.

First 3-rds in my current league (NFFC $25 Lg 2134), Team Montgomery taking 2 timeouts and one auto, his avg pick time should be 2.67hrs, not the 16 min it's showing. It's making this guy look way better than he is. I've made my picks in a timely manner, and shows my avg 10 min.

Seems like a useless tool if it's not working correctly, but great idea otherwise! :)

I haven't checked if regular picks are calculating correctly or not, I'd have to go back and look at emailed picks (or just keep an eye out during my next draft the first couple rounds to verify). Maybe the the timing out or the following auto pick is messing with the calculations?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Avg Pick Time

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri May 22, 2020 7:43 am

This has been fixed now for football. We did have a wrong calculation in the Average Pick Time that has been fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun May 24, 2020 9:42 am

Hi Guys,

I think you may want to further refine the formula on this? Here's an example from a draft I'm in now: NFFC 25 #2401. I chose team 7 because, though it had the highest average time, it seemed too high to be accurate. And also because one of its picks spanned across the overnight clock pause window (from 2-8am); so that would prove a worthy test of the algorithm.

The error in the current formula is that drafters shouldn't be "charged" for time between 2-8am. So in this case, the round-4 [JuJu] pick should've only counted from 12:44am-2:00am = 1 hr 16 mins. Instead, it counted all the way til the pick was made at 6:46am = 6 hrs 2 mins. (See the two charts on the left below.)

Had the round-4 pick been made at 8:30am (instead of 6:46am), then the calc would also include the time from 8am until the 8:30am pick. (The charts on the right below.)

Hope this helps,
Mike

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Thu May 28, 2020 8:39 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:43 am
This has been fixed now for football. We did have a wrong calculation in the Average Pick Time that has been fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
Looks to be working now Greg, thanks. The $25 DC I'm in now, we have a team (Jay Osborn) that took 3h45m to make his first pick at 11, then disappeared and took the full 4hr's and timed out just 3 picks later, so he's at 3h51m.