Playoff scoring

JETS SB

Re: Playoff scoring

Post by JETS SB » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:18 pm

I know you are fixing this, but can we, at the very least, know what position we are in, if we aren't in the top 20? My teams show in 21st place, no matter how many points I have on different teams. Obviously I am not in 21st place... Thanks. I think when you get the standings thing fixed, it will be a massive upgrade from last year's contest, and even better than the regular season scoring.

BubbasHouse

Post by BubbasHouse » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 am

We should also be able to see each teams current makeup - what players each team had week over week - so we should be able to see how week 1 results were accomplished. Fully understand not showing week two team before week 2 launches - but in past seasons we used the full roster reports that were available on the old site and now we can't see what teams have what players - playing way more in the blind with this site and don't like having less information to make week 2 decisions based on seeing other teams makeup that we have similar players with. Wish I would have done more research on what data was available - would not have played with current setup...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 am

BubbasHouse wrote:We should also be able to see each teams current makeup - what players each team had week over week - so we should be able to see how week 1 results were accomplished. Fully understand not showing week two team before week 2 launches - but in past seasons we used the full roster reports that were available on the old site and now we can't see what teams have what players - playing way more in the blind with this site and don't like having less information to make week 2 decisions based on seeing other teams makeup that we have similar players with. Wish I would have done more research on what data was available - would not have played with current setup...
Correct. Complete standings will be available today and we're asking for that Week 1 data as well. It was available for the Top 20 teams yesterday, but obviously folks want to see all of the lineups and now they are gone with Week 2 lineups locking. I totally understand the feeling here and hopefully we'll have solutions today.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:11 pm

Okay, links to both contests' overall standings is now available. It's at the bottom of the Leaderboard under the Top 20 teams. There is a link there that says:

click here to view full standings

If you are in the $200 contest, that link will take you to full standings for that contest and a link for the $100 contest is at the page. You can also click on each team roster and see Week 1 rosters for each team. Enjoy and thanks for your patience here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Money

Post by Money » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 pm

I just went through the monotonous task of clicking in and out of 277 teams in the $200 contest. I'm pretty sure I won't do that again. If anyone knows of an easier way please fill us in. The exercise I went through was simply documenting th QB combinations for each team.

Obviously Manning is named on a lot of entries. His most popular pairing is with Wilson, Kaepernick and followed by Bree's.

The teams with the upper hand are those who took Hilton and there are plenty of those. I played beat Peyton Manning with Wilson, not looking very good so far, but there is a long ways to go. I was the only team to take Smith on a team, so that team is most likely dead as well.

A lot of ways to win this contest. Good Luck.
Joe

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:55 am

Money wrote:I just went through the monotonous task of clicking in and out of 277 teams in the $200 contest. I'm pretty sure I won't do that again. If anyone knows of an easier way please fill us in. The exercise I went through was simply documenting th QB combinations for each team.

Obviously Manning is named on a lot of entries. His most popular pairing is with Wilson, Kaepernick and followed by Bree's.

The teams with the upper hand are those who took Hilton and there are plenty of those. I played beat Peyton Manning with Wilson, not looking very good so far, but there is a long ways to go. I was the only team to take Smith on a team, so that team is most likely dead as well.

A lot of ways to win this contest. Good Luck.
I definitely think that maybe listing the previous week's QBs on each team, next to the team name in the overall standings, would be a good add for next year. I don't think it gives anyone an unfair advantage. It would make it so much easier for everyone. There has to be a better way than spending a total of 3 hours going through the top 200 lineups in each contest. Just a thought. The improvement from last year is great, but this one change could make it so much more efficient.

Money

Post by Money » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: Right now the percentages are based on the contests combined, which is helpful but not as helpful as knowing what the breakdown is for the contest you're competing in. We'll see if we can get that for you before you set your Week 2 lineups.
Just wondered if the %'s got separated by contest?
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:18 am

Money wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote: Right now the percentages are based on the contests combined, which is helpful but not as helpful as knowing what the breakdown is for the contest you're competing in. We'll see if we can get that for you before you set your Week 2 lineups.
Just wondered if the %'s got separated by contest?
They are still combined.