NFFC Introduces The Guillotine Leagues In 2019

Greg Ambrosius

Re: NFFC Introduces The Guillotine Leagues In 2019

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:21 pm

SOLD OUT: The next NFFC $200 4-Hour Guillotine League is now Sold Out and will start in the next 30 minutes. Thanks all and best of luck in the battle for the $1,800 league prize in this fun, cool new contest.

Here's the final lineup card:

NFFC $200 Guillotine League 6
4-Hour Draft
Draft Starts 30 Minutes After League Fills:

1. Christopher Worstell
2. Donald McCabe
3. Peter Timdal
4. Jeffrey Rubenstein
5. Keith Hunter
6. Erik Poch
7. richard kasprowicz
8. Gary Foster
9. Jesse Jordan
10. TJ Blandford
11. Stephen Morrell
12. Thomas Della Croce
13. Gregg Martin
14. Lee Sparer
15. Brian Hays
16. Terry Lewis
17. Loren Brown
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:45 am

NOW ONLY 10 SPOTS LEFT in the next NFFC $400 4-Hour Guillotine league. This will likely be the last 4-Hour league in this format, so jump on in when you're ready and be ready to draft. Thanks all.

Here's the current signup list:

NFFC $400 Guillotine League 2
4-Hour Draft

1. Rakesh Chilakapati
2. thad shirley
3. Guy Matz
4. Chad Poznansky
5. Jesse Jordan
6. Kenny West
7. William Smith
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:40 pm

OK NFFC, I haven't done much here in past few years and no teams at all in 2018 but this is a cool format, I had to return.
Looking forward to getting started. It's simple..... don't finish last. LOL
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:24 am

SOLD OUT: The next NFFC $200 4-Hour Draft Champions League is now Sold Out and draft spots have been announced. Thanks all and best of luck in the battle for the $1,800 league prize. Just don't finish last in scoring for any week during Weeks 1-13 and you'll be fine!!!

Here's the final lineup card:

NFFC $200 Guillotine League 7
4-Hour Draft

1. Brandon Roe
2. Brian Grewe
3. Brent Krutzig
4. Daren Eliason
5. Ken Gill
6. James Wimmers
7. Justin Fenichel
8. Jeremy Brader
9. Bob Vukson
10. Nickie Hutcherson
11. Jack Vinton
12. Kevin Ritter
13. john hickey
14. Darren Wolford
15. John Hall
16. Brandon Gromala
17. Eric Jensen

We will add one more $200 4-Hour Guillotine league before we shut these down on Thursday. Thanks all and good luck.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:02 am

Greg, just an FYI, there might be guys in this league who don't know it's going. I was surprised this morning to see it was sold out. The guy at #1 made his pick, #2 is on clock with about half of his time gone. (That would be a John Hall -- is this the former placekicker for the Jets??) # 3 is there and waiting.
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:43 am

NOW ONLY 9 SPOTS LEFT in the next $200 AND $400 4-Hour Guillotine leagues. We really want to start these no later than Friday of this week, so jump in now if you still want to compete in this unique contest and in this format. We will shut this format off after we fill these two leagues up and then try to schedule a couple of nightly Guillotine leagues before the start of the season. Look for that soon.

But let's first sell these two out. Nine more spots for each one and then we start drafting and avoiding the guillotine during the season:

NFFC $400 Guillotine League 2
4-Hour Draft

1. Rakesh Chilakapati
2. thad shirley
3. Guy Matz
4. Chad Poznansky
5. Jesse Jordan
6. Kenny West
7. William Smith
8. John Pierce

NFFC $200 Guillotine League 8
4-Hour Draft

1. Bob Vukson
2. Neil Reich
3. Josh Drisko
4. Mark Hatton
5. Dustin York
6. Jeff Thomas
7. Patrick Patnode
8. Christopher Worstell

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:17 am

Okay, I just sent out an email to all owners who have already competed in the Guillotine league stating that this is our LAST CALL for the next 4-Hour $200 and $400 Guillotine leagues. Jump in now if you want to compete in these next drafts because we are going to close these off once they are full. We'd love to start these no later than Thursday. Thanks all.

This format has been well received by our players and I think this format will grow in popularity in time. There is nothing else like this in the industry and I think it's going to be talked about a lot during the season as the FAAB will be like nothing we've ever seen. Having a team's full roster being put back into FAAB each week is going to be wild and change the dynamics of the league each week. Can't wait.

While the 4-hour Guillotine leagues will go away this week, we will set aside Friday as the night for the 1 minute per pick drafts. First draft is this Friday and we'll continue each of the next two Fridays. Getting 17 owners on one night might not be easy to do, but I think we can do that this close to the season. And then we'll continue with Guillotine drafts before Week 2 (16 teams), before Week 3 (15 teams), etc. with the lowest number of teams being 8. Each Draft will be held on a Friday night at 9 pm ET.

Thanks all and good luck.

NOW ONLY 6 SPOTS LEFT in the next $200 4-Hour Guillotine league.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:10 am

NOW ONLY 4 SPOTS LEFT in the last NFFC $200 4-Hour Guillotine league that will start 30 minutes after the league fills. Jump in now, set your KDS preferences and be ready to draft for 16 rounds. Thanks all and good luck.

Here's the current signup list:

4-Hour Draft

1. Bob Vukson
2. Neil Reich
3. Josh Drisko
4. Mark Hatton
5. Dustin York
6. Jeff Thomas
7. Patrick Patnode
8. Christopher Worstell
9. Eric Walker
10. Chris Halt
11. Rakesh Chilakapati
12. Dan Maltby
13. Matthew Hogan

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:02 am

SOLD OUT: The next NFFC $200 Guillotine League is now Sold Out and will start in the next 30 minutes. Look for draft spots shortly. Thanks all and enjoy the final 4-Hour Guillotine league of the season:

4-Hour Draft

1. Bob Vukson
2. Neil Reich
3. Josh Drisko
4. Mark Hatton
5. Dustin York
6. Jeff Thomas
7. Patrick Patnode
8. Christopher Worstell
9. Eric Walker
10. Chris Halt
11. Rakesh Chilakapati
12. Dan Maltby
13. Matthew Hogan
14. Louie Ditta
15. Chad Poznansky
16. James Wimmers
17. Thomas Delikat

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:06 pm

Loved this league and will be back again next year.

In my long career playing fantasy sports I never got luckier than I did in league # 7 this season. Several weeks I went into Monday night needing points to stay alive. Never more so than in week 12 when I needed a monster performance by Lamar Jackson on Monday to survive. I'm figuring I'm dead. Lamar has the game of his life, and it's on to week 13. Then, did enough in the 3 week playoff sprint to get 3rd place, in a very tough league.