Thank you New York

Tom Kessenich

Thank you New York

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:48 am

I wanted to say thanks to all who took part in another two days of fun in New York City. Thanks to the Hotel Penn for being a great location again and thanks to everyone who signed up and took part. It's the live events that make our contest so special and I'm glad we had another great time in New York.

Special thanks to Sirius for broadcasting the Super again. It was good to get so many of the participants on the air before the draft. That's what makes something like this unique. Once the draft gets going it's all results but putting you guys on the air makes it much more special. Thanks to Marianne for joining us in NY for the first time, doing a great job and carrying Darik for two hours. Thanks to Andy for all his hard work putting that league together and setting up another terrific post-draft party location. Good time was had by all.

I know we just got done here but looking ahead to 2019 I think you can plan on us moving the Saturday Primetime up an hour to 4 pm ET. The Classics got done in 2 hours to 2:15 so that will give everyone enough time to grab something to eat, exhale a bit, smoke (::coughLowycough::) and then get ready to draft again. If there's interest in an evening event let me know because we'd love to host it. I don't know if the Throwback is still something people would want to do but we could do an Online Championship Live or a $400 Draft Champions Live. Anything, just let me know.

Thanks again to all who joined us this weekend. It was a great time. For those in the NFBC we will return to the Penn in 2018 and our plan is to be there for both events every year as long as we can continue to make it work.

For those going to Vegas I'll see you there later this week. To everyone else I'll see you in New York next year :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Re: Thank you New York

Post by 76erfan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:13 am

awesome weekend. everything so smooth! Kudos to NFFC!

yes to 4 pm prime and something unique at 6 works too!

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:29 am

Great weekend..food was best yet at a NY draft! Nice job TK! :mrgreen:

In terms of Saturday, my suggestion is to just offer a 6 or 7 pm start for another Primetime that is the best bet to get something filled, instead of trying to do a specialty league or lower priced entry.

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Was a lot of fun as always thank you Tom/Greg - next year I will try to do more than one contest but the PT is always a blast and challenging.