SOLD OUT: Monday, Aug. 27, 8 pm ET $150 FAAB Auction

Greg Ambrosius

SOLD OUT: Monday, Aug. 27, 8 pm ET $150 FAAB Auction

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 30, 2018 9:56 am

Okay, we had our first NFFC Test Online Auction league last night and the software held up fine. We are going to tweak the software a little bit to make it even better, but we are ready to get things rolling here. Let's get a set schedule on Registration and have some fun.

Our thought is to make Thursday Night "Online Auction Night" in the NFFC. Every Thursday at 8 pm ET we will schedule an online auction and more if there is demand for it. Andy Saxton has suggested a second night for these once we get deeper into the off-season. Maybe Monday and Thursday are great nights for online auctions.

So the plan is to begin these on Thursday, June 7th at 8 pm ET. If you want to do a $150 League with FAAB we can do that. If you want to start with a Draft Champions, we can do that. But let's kick off with a $150 Online Auction league next Thursday night.

We will reduce the bid clock from 14 seconds to 10 seconds. That will be instituted by next Thursday for sure.

We will try to program the software to quicken the end game, especially when everyone is left with $1 bids. That likely won't be done by next Thursday, but it's on the To-Do list shortly after that league.

And we will teach everyone how to use the Max Bid feature. With 12 good owners who know how to use this tool, we should get these auctions done in 2 hours and 30 minutes or less. Here's an example of how you use Max Bid and why it's good:

You can actually put players in your Queue and set a Max Bid for each of those players before the auction or even during the auction. So let's say I want Le'Veon Bell at a Max Bid of $50. He comes out at $22. No matter what bid is made after that I will get him for $1 more until it gets to $50. If the bidding stops at $47, I get him at $47. If two of us have him at Max Bids of $50 the bidding will jump right to $50 to the first person who set their Max Bid at $50. So it will go from the opening bid of $22 to $50 in a second. That eliminates a lot of the $1 bidding and gets us to the point we were going to get at anyway.

Throughout the auction I can set new Max Bids for any player I'm targeting in my Queue. Even when a player is nominated, I can go to the Player window and set a Max Bid for that player and the computer will automatically bid for me up to that high bid number. This feature is unlike any I've seen in online auctions and moves the auctions along for those early players. With 12 guys who know how to use this feature, it can really speed up the auction.

NFFC $150 Auction - FAAB
Monday, August 27, 8 pm ET
1. John Moore
2. Jack Tocco
3. Scott Wagner
4. Scott Paige
5. Rex Brown
6. Matthew Korn
7. Fred Spinder
8. Enoch Allred
9. Greg Blankenship
10. Kevin Hudson
11. Matthew Shepherd
12. Ben Fils
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Re: Thursday Nights Will Be Online Auction Nights In The NFFC

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 30, 2018 10:09 am

The June 7 $150 FAAB league is now on registration. Sign up if you want to join the fun and we'll kick off the auction season in style.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Guys... the software worked great yesterday. Congrats on expanding this new product!!!! Can't wait to see it for baseball as well!!!! We were easy on Darik. :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 30, 2018 7:24 pm

Fourslot40 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:31 pm
Guys... the software worked great yesterday. Congrats on expanding this new product!!!! Can't wait to see it for baseball as well!!!! We were easy on Darik. :D
Why the hell were you easy on him? Sheesh. :)

Thanks John, we're definitely excited about what this will mean for our customers in all contests going forward. All credit to our IT folks in St. Louis for building an awesome product.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Marc Quitsch

Post by Marc Quitsch » Thu May 31, 2018 6:57 am

If it’s bestball, feel free to put me down as signup #1 for next Thursday night.

Everything was flawless. I suggest everyone ise Firefox. Chrome works ok but Firefox works best. Do not use Internet Explorer.

The only thing I have a problem with is the voice for the “going once, going twice, sold”.
That voice has been giving me night terrors. 🤪🤣
*NFFC Charter Member
*Member of the infamous Chum Chum Club
*"That Guy" with a marble notebook at live drafts, instead of a laptop

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 31, 2018 8:23 am

Marc Quitsch wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 6:57 am
If it’s bestball, feel free to put me down as signup #1 for next Thursday night.

Everything was flawless. I suggest everyone ise Firefox. Chrome works ok but Firefox works best. Do not use Internet Explorer.

The only thing I have a problem with is the voice for the “going once, going twice, sold”.
That voice has been giving me night terrors. 🤪🤣
Thanks Marc. We decided to create a FAAB league for our first online auction and already have two signups. We can shoot for a best ball online auction the next week if that's what folks want. Should be fun.

Yeah, Google Chrome seems to work well with the online auction software, but I'm sure Firefox is similar. Older versions of Internet Explorer are not recommended.

I'm your worst nightmare!!! Glad I'm keeping you up at nights!! :lol: Thanks and enjoy.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Marc Quitsch

Re: 10 Spots Left: NFFC $150 FAAB Auction June 7 8 pm ET

Post by Marc Quitsch » Thu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm

Greg, please create another auction for the following week in bestball format, and add to me as the first signup. Any day. Thank you.
*NFFC Charter Member

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu May 31, 2018 1:47 pm

Marc Quitsch wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm
Greg, please create another auction for the following week in bestball format, and add to me as the first signup. Any day. Thank you.
$150 DC Auction is on registration now for June 14 at 8 pm ET. Go ahead and sign up Marc and you'll be all set.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Marc Quitsch

Post by Marc Quitsch » Thu May 31, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks Tom.
*NFFC Charter Member

pjoner

Re: 9 Spots Left: NFFC $150 FAAB Auction June 7 8 pm ET