NFFC Draft Champions Leagues: 35 Rounds

boutrous11

Re: NFFC Draft Champions Leagues: 35 Rounds

Post by boutrous11 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 am

Wayne, assuming they work out being able to auto pick every round, then would you be ok with 35 rounds? When it gets past round 29, you can just add a list of x amount of players and leave the draft.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 am

Coltsfan wrote:I think the fast drafters would use auto and the others would be yelling at the guys who draft fast for mentioning the pick 2. But my hope is that the pick 2 could help get the drafts down to 10-12 days.... :D

Wayne
Hmm, what if the draft room software kept track of "average time per pick" and "last n pick times", etc. for each drafter? Then, instead of posting those and risk shaming customers, the draft room software looks behind the scenes at those values each time the room is visited; if a drafter is often taking a long time and hasn't been using Auto1, Auto2 or round-specific auto queues, then it pops up a window that reminds the drafter of these cool, helpful features, with a link to read more about how to use them? It could also popup the same window once at the beginning of the draft to remind everyone, just not slower drafters.

Want To Draft More?! :idea:
Everyone loves drafting! And less time spent per draft equals more drafts.
Check out these helpful features:
  • Auto1
  • Auto2
  • Round-specific auto queues

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 am

boutrous11 wrote:Wayne, assuming they work out being able to auto pick every round, then would you be ok with 35 rounds? When it gets past round 29, you can just add a list of x amount of players and leave the draft.

I agree it can be done. And I've set my queue and I've just gone auto in the past. But it's not about me. It's about growing the contest to be more inclusive of lots of people with the ability of getting more drafts done in less time. The same arguments happen every year. Half of the guys are made at people taking too long. The other half are pissed off that they shouldn't be rushed and what's the hurry. It ends up in ugly exchanges which go nowhere. So while I believe that the people who want to move the drafts along will use all of the tools provided and that will help. But others will still time out and not give a rats .... about anyone else.

Wayne

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:03 am

Sandman62 wrote:
Coltsfan wrote:I think the fast drafters would use auto and the others would be yelling at the guys who draft fast for mentioning the pick 2. But my hope is that the pick 2 could help get the drafts down to 10-12 days.... :D

Wayne
Hmm, what if the draft room software kept track of "average time per pick" and "last n pick times", etc. for each drafter? Then, instead of posting those and risk shaming customers, the draft room software looks behind the scenes at those values each time the room is visited; if a drafter is often taking a long time and hasn't been using Auto1, Auto2 or round-specific auto queues, then it pops up a window that reminds the drafter of these cool, helpful features, with a link to read more about how to use them? It could also popup the same window once at the beginning of the draft to remind everyone, just not slower drafters.

Want To Draft More?! :idea:
Everyone loves drafting! And less time spent per draft equals more drafts.
Check out these helpful features:
  • Auto1
  • Auto2
  • Round-specific auto queues

The FFWC had a cumulative time on the market clock a few years ago. (They may still have it today - I don't know.) But it didn't make any difference in the speed of the drafts. You have to keep the rules simple and cumulative time penalties might not be well received by everyone. I did some drafts there with less than 5 total minutes on the clock for the entire draft.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 am

Sandman62 wrote:Good points Wayne. With most of them focusing on draft speed, do you think we could have our cake and eat it too if the software is improved by offering Auto2 and round-specific queues? That way, we could mostly set those last 5 rounds on auto, yet still be able to backup our QBs and throw a few darts without thinning out our rosters?
The 4-Hour draft option will help speed up drafts slightly and we will have the multi-round Que ready for football. I agree, it will be much easier going forward to set separate Ques for Rounds 31, 32, 33, 34 and 35. I'm convinced that everything we are doing right now with the software will pick up the pace in drafts next season.

If there's a group that wants to sign up for even faster time periods we can do that. 2 Hour DCs with a Pause at night is possible if demand is there. Just say the word and we'll make it all happen. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:30 pm

The 4hour draft with auto2 and clock pausing at night will be an outstanding upgrade. I have done a 4hour NFBC draft with the clock pausing this year. The auto2 wasn't in place when we drafted. These drafts go extremely smooth. Bear in mind, just because the clock is paused it doesn't mean you can't make picks. The auto2 will make it even better.

I think the 30 vs 35 debate could go on for years. Personally, I'd rather see 30 (or less). It's not because of the length of time it takes to finish the draft, I do my research and I still feel I'm throwing darts at guys that aren't going to contribute, so lets draft players we feel have the best chance to contribute.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:27 pm

I will be honest a 4 hour clock is going to be very hard for me during a lot of work days when I am outside and have no internet access on the farm. I would be very disappointed if all formats went to 4 hours. I think you will scare the average drafter away as well. 8 hour clocks seems perfect to me. As far as 35 rounds go I don't really care either way but totally agree with Wayne on his points.