Sept. 2 New York $2,500 Auction - Who Wants To Do It?

Tom Kessenich

Sept. 2 New York $2,500 Auction - Who Wants To Do It?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:07 am

There's some interest in putting together a $2,500 auction league in New York. After going over everything the best way to get this done for this year would be to move the Throwback to Saturday morning and then schedule the auction for 8 pm ET on Saturday night.

Note: NONE OF THIS IS OFFICIAL. The Throwback has not officially been moved to Saturday morning.

Now onto the more difficult part - selling out the $2,500 auction league. The only way I plan to change things on the schedule is if the $2,500 auction will happen. If not, the schedule stays the same for 2017 and we'll revisit possible changes next year. Personally, I think it would be easier to sell out a 12-team league at $2,500. Obviously if 14 people definitely wanted to do it we'd go that route but right now the interest is minimal so I'd rather shoot for 12 teams and hopefully get them and then figure things out if there was more interest.

OK, so that's the deal. If we do this as of right now it would be a 12-team auction league on Saturday Sept. 2 at 8 pm ET with the option to switch to a 14-team league if two more owners would do it. If we get a strong show of interest we can move forward and lock this in and make the Throwback change as well. What I need now is to find out if there's enough interest to make this happen. If you DEFINITELY want to do this post your interest here or email me ([email protected]) and I'll put you on the list. Also due to how the plan is being set up there would be no food and limited drinks for this which is what we're planning for the Throwback. So eat up during the day if you want to do this. :)

We still have time to figure this out but I know people have travel plans and so forth so finding out as soon as possible if we can make this work will be helpful for everyone. And obviously with just two days the schedule is already tight. If we can make this work I think I would schedule it for Thursday in the future and give us three days but that's not an option for this year. So let me know and let's see if we can make this happen.

New York $2,500 12-Team Auction
Saturday, Sept. 2 8 pm ET
1. Johnny Frisella
2. Billy Wasosky
3. Andy Saxton
4. Chris Vaccaro
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

greenwichsttavern

Re: Sept. 2 New York $2,500 Auction - Who Wants To Do It?

Post by greenwichsttavern » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:48 am

I would take a spot in super auction if this goes down Saturday night

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:02 am

greenwichsttavern wrote:I would take a spot in super auction if this goes down Saturday night
Thanks Chris. You're on the list.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:32 am

Tom, a 14 team auction Friday and Super 14 team Auction Saturday would "probably" bring me back to NYC. So, put me down as tentative, depending whether or not 14 teamers can fill.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:41 am

BigBlueNation wrote:Tom, a 14 team auction Friday and Super 14 team Auction Saturday would "probably" bring me back to NYC. So, put me down as tentative, depending whether or not 14 teamers can fill.
Let's hold off on that for now Bill if you're not sure you're gonna be coming ok? Right now my goal is to see if there's interest in a $2,500 auction at all. If it's split between people who will only do a 12 or a 14 that won't get us a league at all. So I want to lock in a 12 first with everyone understanding it could go to 14 if the interest is there. But since we've never had a $2,500 auction in NY I'd prefer to aim for 12 and get that at least instead of shooting for 14 and falling short. Sound good?

There will be a 14-team auction on Friday afternoon and I definitely want to sell that out after bringing it back last year. So for anyone who only wants to do a 14-team league that one is the one to target right now. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich