Easier lineup setting platform

Cocktails and Dreams

Easier lineup setting platform

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:49 am

I know Greg has mentioned before that they were looking into this. Some of your competition have ways to set your lineups all on one page. Others have things better than the NFFC but not quite that good. For being a part of STATS, this should not be a hard programming thing at all. Would be awesome if you caught up to your competition in this regard. It is annoying having to clunk around one team at a time with all kinds of clicking. Also no search feature to see what teams you have a player on. Only place I know of without it. You should try to get these things addressed.

In a related tech note, it has been rumored that you can move locked guy out of the flex, but last year I couldn't figure out how do do it. Maybe since it was fixed in baseball it is fixed here too? Or could you explain how to do it for the less savvy tech folks, like me.
Last edited by Cocktails and Dreams on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Easier lineup setting platform

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:09 pm

I don't disagree Chad. If we're going to ask players to play more games with us we have to eventually develop time-saving steps like you said above. We don't have it now. Wish we did. Wish we had every item that saved you folks time and effort in managing your teams.

If you have a Flex player whose game has started you can move him by first benching a player whose game hasn't started (let's say Davante Adams) and then moving that Flex player to WR. That allows you to move a different player to Flex. So you have to bench a player first and then move the Flex player to that spot. I think that's correct.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:04 pm

That search button would be a gigantic help.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:27 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I don't disagree Chad. If we're going to ask players to play more games with us we have to eventually develop time-saving steps like you said above. We don't have it now. Wish we did. Wish we had every item that saved you folks time and effort in managing your teams.

If you have a Flex player whose game has started you can move him by first benching a player whose game hasn't started (let's say Davante Adams) and then moving that Flex player to WR. That allows you to move a different player to Flex. So you have to bench a player first and then move the Flex player to that spot. I think that's correct.

Okay. I did not do that. I typically try to put a later guy in the spot, but it would be nice not to have to. Tom handled it for me when I needed it changed a time or two last year, but I will try this early on and report back after testing it. Hopefully that works. If so, I will create a thread about it and explain to everyone how to go about it when it won't get lost in the sign ups so easily.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:37 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote: If you have a Flex player whose game has started you can move him by first benching a player whose game hasn't started (let's say Davante Adams) and then moving that Flex player to WR. That allows you to move a different player to Flex. So you have to bench a player first and then move the Flex player to that spot. I think that's correct.
I tried this. Doesn't work. Please advise.

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:20 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:That search button would be a gigantic help.
Another vote for this.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:42 am

JohnP wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote: If you have a Flex player whose game has started you can move him by first benching a player whose game hasn't started (let's say Davante Adams) and then moving that Flex player to WR. That allows you to move a different player to Flex. So you have to bench a player first and then move the Flex player to that spot. I think that's correct.
If you played someone in the Flex position and want to move him to a new position after he's been locked, here's how you do it:

Move another player from your starting lineu to the Bench (for instance, Jeremy Maclin)

Then move someone from your Reserve (let's say Davonte Adams) to Flex. When you hit Submit your player that was locked in Flex will automatically move to WR and Adams will move to Flex.

It's as simple as that. Good luck all going forward.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:03 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
JohnP wrote:
If you played someone in the Flex position and want to move him to a new position after he's been locked, here's how you do it:

Move another player from your starting lineu to the Bench (for instance, Jeremy Maclin)

Then move someone from your Reserve (let's say Davonte Adams) to Flex. When you hit Submit your player that was locked in Flex will automatically move to WR and Adams will move to Flex.

It's as simple as that. Good luck all going forward.
I did this last night and my Flex player (Forte) did not move into the empty RB when I tried to put J. Thomas in my Flex. I had to e-mail Tom, who took care of it right away (thanks Tom!).
@RedRyder

Money

Post by Money » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:35 am

I had a difficult time executing this yesterday and finally gave up. The baseball set up is absolutely perfect. Why was it not programmed identically? You simply remove the bench option and leave all eligible positions available after the start of each players game.
Joe

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:47 am

I am not sure if there are other scenarios that don't work, as it was a challenge yesterday for me, so may have done something wrong. It was just a test run though, so didn't worry about it too much.

Today, I found a team where I have Sproles on the bench, had Snead in the flex and Jeffery in the lineup. I hit bench for Jeffery, hit flex for Sproles, and it did move Snead to Wide R like Greg suggested should happen. Not very easy on the eyes, and a bit confusing, but it did work. Baseball sounds much cleaner, but didn't play this year to experience it.