3 Spots Left: NFFC 3-City DC League

ulbkumn

Re: 3 Spots Left: NFFC 3-City DC League

Post by ulbkumn » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:34 am

Re: 3-City DC draft?
Postby Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:23 am
Okay, draft spots have been determined for tonight's 3-City Draft Champions League, which is part of the overall national contest. We will be picking 35 rounds tonight just as if this were a DC Express League. The only difference is that everyone is paying $250 for this league and each of the four winning team members will earn free entries into next year's Rotowire Fantasy Football Online Championship League. Good luck all.

The Midwest team is the defending Team Champion of this event and Billy Wasosky is the defending individual champion. Congrats and good luck to all.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:35 am

why don't you guys just do a dc that's part of the overall and then do a side bet that pays out 100% to the winning region.........

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:41 am

76erfan wrote:why don't you guys just do a dc that's part of the overall and then do a side bet that pays out 100% to the winning region.........
That could work too Andy. Most of us already have lots of entries in the DC Overall. But I agree with Wayne that, given the level of competition in this league, I doubt any of us would have much chance at the Overall from here. So why not just divert that part of the entry fee toward the Team prizes?

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:48 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
ulbkumn wrote:Re: 3-City DC draft?
Postby Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:22 pm
Congrats to Wayne Ellis of Evansville, Indiana as he won the individual title in the NFFC 3-City Draft Champions League. Wayne beat out last year's champion Billy Wasosky by 185.9 points for the individual league title, while Bill Cleavenger finished third. The Midwest team of Ellis, Cleavenger, Bryan Steimetz and Scott Atkins won the team title for the second straight year and all four members earn free entries into the Rotowire Online Championship in 2016. Great job guys.
Oh....I didn't realize that.

So why aren't the same prizes being offered this year??? :?
I will clarify. My apologies to Greg and Tom. We paid $250 last year to enter. It was treated like a $150 DC with the additional $100 going to the winning CITY for a free OC entry this year.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Here were the folks who won free Online Championship entries for this year:

Wayne Ellis
Bill Cleavenger
Bryan Steimetz
Scott Atkins

You can sign up online and then email me and I'll take care of applying your free entry for the OC this year.

We can definitely do the same thing for this year's league again. So if folks want to do that just say the word. Right now there are 3 spots remaining. If anyone wants to take those open spots let us know.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Here were the folks who won free Online Championship entries for this year:

Wayne Ellis
Bill Cleavenger
Bryan Steimetz
Scott Atkins

You can sign up online and then email me and I'll take care of applying your free entry for the OC this year.

We can definitely do the same thing for this year's league again. So if folks want to do that just say the word. Right now there are 3 spots remaining. If anyone wants to take those open spots let us know.
To clarify, it's a $250 entry. Payout like a $150 DC, a part of the overall DC championship, with the four winning CITY players receiving a free OC entry next year. Is that correct?
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:40 pm

That does sound like a good format and all but if it's $250 instead of $150 I think I'm going to drop out and just do another 150 DC, my summer budget is wearing kind of thin.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:16 am

Last year the entry was $250. That's why the additional prize money was used for free entries into the Online Championship this year for the winning team members.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:41 am

In the interest of getting this league locked down soon so we can plan, which way can we satisfy most/all owners enough to commit:

1) $250 entry, with the usual individual DC prizes, including Overall, plus free Online league entries ($350 value each) for the four members of the winning team?

OR

2) $150 entry, treat as a private league, usual individual DC prizes but NO Overall. Divert the portion of the entry fee that normally goes toward Overall ($550?) to the team prizes. Maybe Tom & Greg would even consider a much-appreciated gesture of rounding that $550 up to $600 to allow for a nice round entry-fee-matching $150 per owner on the winning team? ;)

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:03 pm

$150 for me or I'll probably drop out as well, was just doing this because Billy asked me..if it's 250 I'd rather just do another OL champ Tm at 350.