Thank you to Greg and the NFFC Family

HOF

Thank you to Greg and the NFFC Family

Post by HOF » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:33 pm

First off I would like to the whole NFFC/NFBC family for the last several years.It has been brought be great joy (and frustration when losing is the norm lol) to play amongst the best fantasy players in the world.

I am posting here after a couple email exchanges with Greg.....who along with Tom....have always answered EVERY email I have ever sent over the past several years....which is impressive considering the sheer amount of emails, phone calls..etc..etc that they must get.

So again...thank you.

It is with Greg's blessing that I am swallowing a ton of pride and am looking to raise some awareness about my seven year old daughter.

She was diagnosed autistic when she was three and several weeks ago we found out that she has Primary Pulmonary Hypertension. The life expectancy for this is 2-3 years......but because of her age and because we caught it BEFORE any damage to her heart....well there is a chance for her.

She is currently being treated at the Childrens Hospital here in Peoria Illinois.

We got back on August 25th in hopes of finding out that her meds are working and that a heart/lung transplant is NOT needed.

With that said.....I am asking for prayers, best wishes or whatever good karma I can get for my daughter.

My work insurance is awesome and out of the 162k worth of bills so far...we only owe 4600 out of pocket. It is with that in mind that I set up a gofundme for her so that we can at least get the meds paid for in full for one year.....and with anything else going towards bills...especially considering there is no cure for this and it will be a life long battle for her.

If nothing else I just ask everyone to go to the page I set up and READ what I posted as it contains her story with this condition. If one person can get some comfort in knowing that they are not in this battle alone...well thats a win in my book.

This is the first year in several that I will not be playing in the NFFC (last year was my first try at the Primetime and finished second in the league) and that is solely because I cannot justify even signing up for an online league when these bills and her meds are so expensive.

So if any of you are able to donate after signing up for your leagues...that would be greatly appreciate...you have no idea how much.

Again thank you to Greg for allowing me to post this and also thanks to KJ Duke who was one of the first ones to donate when I made a small note on the baseball forums.

Thanks again and please at least read the info here and watch the thank you video from the person that truly holds my heart in her hands..my daughter Raine.

http://www.gofundme.com/raineolesen

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Thank you to Greg and the NFFC Family

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:53 pm

You have our FULL support Chris and best of luck to you and your family. As a father of three, I know I'd do ANYTHING to help my kids. You are doing the same and doing the right thing.

I know we have a lot of great folks in the NFFC and NFBC who will do anything they can to help out a fellow owner in this great community. I can't think of a worthier cause. Thanks to anyone who can contribute any amount to Chris's family.

Best of luck to you and your family and you have our prayers and more. Good luck and hopefully everything works out.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Marc Quitsch

Post by Marc Quitsch » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:40 am

Chris, I hope and pray all goes well. From one Dad to another.
*NFFC Charter Member
*Member of the infamous Chum Chum Club
*"That Guy" with a marble notebook at live drafts, instead of a laptop

HOF

Post by HOF » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 am

Just wanted to post a small update since last nights post.

I just emailed Greg letting him know that I had to spend over 30 minutes just typing up thank yous to everyone that has donated and/or sent best wishes via email or the GoFundMe site.

My wife was literally crying this morning after seeing all the donations come in.

I just want to say thank you once again to everyone here at the NFFC and NFBC community. THIS is why I have never really gotten into the daily leagues and will always come back here when I can. Just simply awesome people either playing and running the place.

Ive often stayed off the forums due to the occasional back and forths that can lead to 23093093290 page threads........but I am telling ya.....when I see my wife crying HAPPY tears........I will be on these forums as long as they are around due to the simple fact that you guys and gals have donated first your time ......and some of you your money.

Much respect and again its all been very appreciated and today has been a good day. We needed this as a family as this Tuesdays doctors visit will dictate alot when it comes to my daughters quality of life moving forward.

I cannot say thanks enough.

PS: I am not sure if the replies I sent out via the gofundme site go directly to your email but if they do it might be in your spam folders.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:58 am

Chris, this is what a community does for each other. We have an amazing group of guys and gals here who always pull for each other. This is a perfect example of that. THANKS EVERYONE.

If you haven't checked, Chris has now exceeded his goals and there has been more than $2,000 raised since he made this post. You can see that a lot of people have chipped in. Thanks to everyone who helped out and continue to help out. If we can make a difference in their lives and help this little girl out we have to do it. Great job everyone.

Good luck to your whole family Chris. Let's hope that Tuesday is a good day. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family this week.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

HOF

Post by HOF » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:54 am

Woke up this morning to see more donations from the family here and once again my wife AND I were brought to tears from the amount of support we have received.

Thank you so much again to everyone.

Tomorrow is a big day for us but first things first.....we have today.

Later today I will have a special update I will post on the GoFundMe page and I will make sure to share the link. (HINT: Video from the daughter).

Thank you again and I wish nothing but the best for everyone.

HOF

Post by HOF » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:00 am

Sadly we got some bad news on Tuesday.

The daughters MPAP (pressure on her heart) number went up. This means the meds were not working over the last several weeks. They have doubled her dosage and we go back in two weeks time to see if the number moves at all.

Thanks again for support and continued prayers and best wishes.

HOF

Post by HOF » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:35 pm

just another quick update...

We might be heading to St. Louis...anyone familiar with the childrens hospital in the Washington University Clinic?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 pm

HOF wrote:just another quick update...

We might be heading to St. Louis...anyone familiar with the childrens hospital in the Washington University Clinic?
Not familiar with Wash Clinic, but the Cleveland Clinic is one of if not the best heart-related facilities in the country with advanced treatment options, so worth taking a look at their program as well.

HOF

Post by HOF » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:23 pm

Thanks KJ. Our doctor wants us to head to St. Louis in case of a heart/lung transplant is needed.

Btw...again thanks again to everyone for the help with this.

I am trying NOT to post so much that it away from the purpose of the forums.....but again..thanks.