SOLD OUT: NFFC 14-Team Super Auction League

Greg Ambrosius

SOLD OUT: NFFC 14-Team Super Auction League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:02 am

One of the best leagues we've offered during each of the last three seasons is the NFFC 14-Team Super Auction League. It's one of the most competitive leagues we have with some of the best owners in the NFFC and we sure hope to fill this for the fourth straight year. The $20,000 league prize isn't too bad, either.

That being said, we added this contest at the last minute in 2012 and unfortunately during that busy Second Weekend we didn't have a lot of open time slots for it so we shoehorned it in on Thursday at 9 am PT. That's where it's been each of the last three years, but it's not an ideal time slot. As a result, we have only 4 of 14 spots filled right now.

I know there are several of you who would like to compete in this format if the time worked out. Maybe we still fill it at 9 am on Thursday or maybe we find the ideal time slot for years to come. I'm looking for feedback on this and am flexible to make this happen not only for 2015 but for many years to come.

So what do you think? Is there a better time slot for this great contest? We did this in under 3 hours last year, so let's find a 3-hour time slot that works for all. Would 9 pm after the Thursday NFL Opener be too late? Would Friday at 9 pm conflict with too many other live drafts? Does Thursday at 9 am still work before the NFFC Kickoff Gridiron?

Let me know what you think and we'll get it done. Thanks all. Here's the current signup list for Thursday morning:
NFFC SUPER $2,500 14-TEAM AUCTION LEAGUE
Bellagio Las Vegas
Thursday, Sept. 10th, 9 am PT
1. Jared Danielsen, Belleville, Illinois
2. Jack Haan, Palos Heights, Illinois
3. Chris Eibl, Chicago, Illinois
4. Roger Gonzalez, Dayton, Ohio
5. Tim Miller, Little Rock, Arkansas
6. Rob Silver, Toronto, Ontario
7. Matthew Shepherd, Napa, California
8. Dan Williamson, Chanhassen, Minnesota
9. Mike Weber, Freehold, New Jersey
10. Jim Christie/Ken Magner, Rochester, New York
11. Bren Krutzig, Simpsonville, South Carolina
12. Carter Harrell, Leitchfield, Kentucky
13. Sal Cataldo, Jersey City, New Jersey
14. KJ Duke, San Diego, California (tentative)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Sack

Re: 10 Spots Left In 14-Team Super Auction League

Post by Sack » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Jack Haan is scaring everybody away!

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Sack wrote:Jack Haan is scaring everybody away!
Agreed, ban Jack and the rest will join.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Rob Silver wants to return to this one and will do it on either Thursday or Friday night. Matthew Shepherd also wants to return, but can't make it to Las Vegas by Thursday morning. You can see that Sack is eyeing this one, so we do have interest if we can find a mutual starting time. Let's keep talking folks. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:39 pm

chriseibl wrote:
Agreed, ban Jack and the rest will join.
That might happen anyway if we don't get more signups soon!

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Was it the last place finish for me last year, Ken? You know I'm due to rebound hard?

I can do either Thursday or Friday night. I'm game for either.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:17 pm

Any of the proposed times are fine for me too.

nails

Post by nails » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:28 pm

- honestly im tired of the early morning drafts..lol.. if you guys get close to filling it, obviously reach out to me..

- although I know you guys don't want a part of me in this league.. ! LOL.

I can assure you , even after dominating the regular season, with d. sproles and myself at the running back position, I will sure up that rb slot and complete the task ! lol.
Bring it on .

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:49 pm

This league was my favorite league I have ever done and I'm a total FF addict so that's saying a lot!!! And I spent $26 each on T Smith and C Patterson hahaha!!! I'll try to make whatever draft time work but I can't guarantee them all as I'm drafting early and often Wed-Fri

With that said, you guys are playing for second place, period. That's why no one is signing up, fear :o

Sack

Post by Sack » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Jack - sorry, last year was the first year I missed and honestly was not aware of your finish.

Any league in which I see those 4 letters H A A N , makes for a tougher league. Big Jimmy ( Christie ) and I have
left our Thursday open while in Vegas for a reason, we are watching the sign-ups!