Football Auction Championship

nails

Football Auction Championship

Post by nails » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:21 pm

- I am trying to garner interest in an auction championship this year .. I spoke to Greg and if we get enough interest we can do it.. I was thinking to get interest in this and get enough leagues, we could do it at a lower starting entry fee to get people into it who have never tried it..

was thinking of 12 team leagues.. live drafting either weekend

entry fee :$ 500.00 a team.. payouts undetermined but would be fun.

In the alternative, i'd really like to get an auction league put together with some of the best out there..if interested let me know.
Bring it on .

BillyWaz

Re: Football Auction Championship

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:26 pm

Depends where it is Mike, but I think it is a great idea.

Would this just be in Vegas?

As far as an auction league with "the best out there"...it already exists.....the Super Auction ($2500). ;)

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:19 pm

nails wrote:- I am trying to garner interest in an auction championship this year .. I spoke to Greg and if we get enough interest we can do it.. I was thinking to get interest in this and get enough leagues, we could do it at a lower starting entry fee to get people into it who have never tried it..

In the alternative, i'd really like to get an auction league put together with some of the best out there..if interested let me know.
get a live auction in Chicago, I'm in..
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:39 pm

BillyWaz wrote:Depends where it is Mike, but I think it is a great idea.

Would this just be in Vegas?

As far as an auction league with "the best out there"...it already exists.....the Super Auction ($2500). ;)
Are you sure? Billy?
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Spaige52

Post by Spaige52 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Great idea Mike. I am interested in any auction.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:42 pm

I am confused by this post. There are live auctions every year in all 3 cities and there have been every year. Are you saying you are looking for an overall championship prize, which they haven't had? Or an online auction?

I love auctions too, but as far as I know, they still plan on having live auctions in 2014, unless I missed something.

THEICON

Post by THEICON » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:18 am

Yea would be nice I'm signed up for the one in vegas. First live auction can't wait put a grand prize would be even better :D

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:26 am

THEICON wrote:Yea would be nice I'm signed up for the one in vegas. First live auction can't wait put a grand prize would be even better :D
Yea....I am shocked that someone hasn't marketed an overall auction "main event" yet. The only downside is finding enough "quality" auctioneers, but would the variance be that much different than different drafts? (i.e a guy goes at 2.4 in one league, and 3.10 in another, etc.)

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:28 am

There was an overall auction championship back in 2011. I believe the problem is, there just aren't enough signups to warrant putting money aside for an overall winner and they would just rather give higher league prizes. Baseball has an overall championship :D :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:15 am

nails wrote:- I am trying to garner interest in an auction championship this year .. I spoke to Greg and if we get enough interest we can do it.. I was thinking to get interest in this and get enough leagues, we could do it at a lower starting entry fee to get people into it who have never tried it..

I love the idea Mike, and as folks know we did run an overall auction championship and an overall Draft Champions championship for two years. Unfortunately, to create a grand prize some of the prize money has to come out of league prizes to create the grand prize. Since we filled only 4 leagues in both formats each year, we couldn't get the grand prize big enough to push us to the next level. As a result, our customers asked us to go back to all of the prize money remaining within the leagues and that's what we've done the last two years.

I agree that it would be fun to have a $20,000 grand prize like we have in the NFBC Auction Championship. There we've filled 9 leagues every year since 2009. We need to get to that level here to make this work, and that's not easy. But we love overall championships here, so the idea has merit. But unfortunately it didn't grow the auction leagues the first time we did this.

It's a great discussion, though.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius