This guy had to go.
Attachments
Bcv7i8bIYAA_xqk.jpg
Bcv7i8bIYAA_xqk.jpg (21.59 KiB) Viewed 2295 times
Joe

Tom Kessenich

Re: Good Riddance

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Absolutely. I think the Lions have arguably the most talent of any team in the division (defensively without question in my opinion) and to think they couldn't win the division in a year which saw Rodgers miss so much time is inexcusable. This is an undisciplined team and in my opinion that starts at the top with Schwartz.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Agreed. Even with Megatron, I see these Lions being a solid "Run First, and Run Often" type of team, with the right leadership. I also think, with that type of offense, they are a lock for the 2014 post season.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:04 pm

I was shocked he got extended LAST year, for THREE years. One winning season, 22-42 record before this year.

Today I found out it cost the Lions $12 million to buy him out.

Just crazy decision after crazy decision. How do they justify keeping the GM?

To top the madness off, I hear Schwartz is being considered for the Browns job. Some franchises are just meant to suffer.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:11 pm

The Lions are in dire need of a stud WR opposite of Calvin Johnson. It should be evident from the games in which he missed just how dependent they are on one player to make their offense click. That needs to be a priority for whomever takes this job.
Go Big Red!

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:53 pm

I was BEGGING for him to be fired after last year, wasted another season and a lot of money keeping him around. He may be the worst "coach" I've ever seen. Maybe they'll hire Chud? Probably wouldn't hurt if Stafford wasn't too cool to work with a QB coach too. Can't stand that he won't even try it!

TR

Post by TR » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Diesel wrote:Agreed. Even with Megatron, I see these Lions being a solid "Run First, and Run Often" type of team, with the right leadership. I also think, with that type of offense, they are a lock for the 2014 post season.
Disagree about Lions being a run first and run often type team...Dome teams not like that...especially in today's pass happy NFL with weapons like Stafford and Calvin.

TR

Post by TR » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:22 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I was BEGGING for him to be fired after last year, wasted another season and a lot of money keeping him around. He may be the worst "coach" I've ever seen. Maybe they'll hire Chud? Probably wouldn't hurt if Stafford wasn't too cool to work with a QB coach too. Can't stand that he won't even try it!
Moronelli was the worst coach.