what is the policy regarding inactiveness

robertdaytop

Post by robertdaytop » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:22 pm

One team in my league had three guys on a bye this week in his starting lineup, and no quarterback because all three of his are second stringers or on bye....that makes 4 slots with zeros. What can be done about that. I play him towards the end of the season and if he all of a sudden wakes up or his lineup is adjusted later on this season, how is that fair to me when other teams are benefitting from his crap now??? Suggestions for/from the commish or enlighten me to what the rule is.Thanks.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:35 pm

In the past, nothing has been done.

There is really nothing that Greg or Tom can do about it, and I agree it sucks.

It has happened to me on more than one occasion, but it it me hard in 2007 when a team did the same thing (gave the lead team a win), and when everyone complained, they put in a "good" lineup the following week against me. You can figure out how that turned out. :mad:

I ended up tying the team he "laid down" against in record, and was 14 pts behind in total points.

Had he gotten a loss, I would have won record, he would have points, and I beat him in the 3 week sprint in points in the playoffs.

In a nutshell, it cost me $2,500 and a league title.

It sucks, but unfortunately there isn't much you can do.

robertdaytop

Post by robertdaytop » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:41 pm

I hear ya, you would think in a decent size money league one would pay attention. Makes me want to go back to my "street dayz" and pay him a visit...just kidding!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:55 pm

Originally posted by robertdaytop:
I hear ya, you would think in a decent size money league one would pay attention. Makes me want to go back to my "street dayz" and pay him a visit...just kidding! why joke like that. you should pay him a visit.

billy , got to disagree with you on the " nothing you can do about it ". i strongly think this guy should not be allowed to play in the nffc again. i know some people will say that if you put up your $ then you can do what you want. i do not agree with that. without integity this is not a quality league. when you can change the outcome of $ given to a certain team ...then something must be done. maybe charge an extra 150 per team and if you quit on your team you lose the $. you can get a refund or use it as a deposit for next year. maybe after a teams 3erd year a deposit will not have to be taken.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Something can be done, and it's probably time.

You can award high scoring teams for the week, and you can fine low scoring teams. You'd have to set up the side pool ahead of time and incorporate it into the rules, but I don't see why it couldn't be done for next season.

HIROLLERJR

Post by HIROLLERJR » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:13 pm

unfortunately I also don't think Tom/Greg can do anything about this as I also saw this discussion in our baseball championship and pretty much it said once a owner pays his money, he then has the right to coach/uncoach his team as he wills. This is the first day I've seen it happen here this seaon but as teams fall by the wayside or owners get mad at each other I have a feeling it's going to happen in more leagues as the season progresses. As I said: 'Unfortunate" is the only word I can come up with. I made a pact with myself that when I joined the NFFC & NFBC this year ( knowing I would have many struggles as a newcomer learning ) that regardless of my record & where I stood in the standings, I would play out every week to the best of my ability with due respect to the other owners in my league. I would think with the type of investment we make to play here that it would be an incentive to play every week.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by robertdaytop:
I hear ya, you would think in a decent size money league one would pay attention. Makes me want to go back to my "street dayz" and pay him a visit...just kidding! why joke like that. you should pay him a visit.

billy , got to disagree with you on the " nothing you can do about it ". i strongly think this guy should not be allowed to play in the nffc again. i know some people will say that if you put up your $ then you can do what you want. i do not agree with that. without integity this is not a quality league. when you can change the outcome of $ given to a certain team ...then something must be done. maybe charge an extra 150 per team and if you quit on your team you lose the $. you can get a refund or use it as a deposit for next year. maybe after a teams 3erd year a deposit will not have to be taken.
[/QUOTE]I think it would have to be TWO or MORE POSITION bye players (not kickers or defenses) in a starting lineup would constitute losing your deposit.

As someone who actively manages my teams, I for one would be all for it.

Great idea Frank! :D

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:57 pm

There's really no way to legislate against quitters.....
and there's no way in hell Greg and Tom or any contest provider is going to ban owners for not paying attention.

We just have to deal with it and look at the bright side.....there's dead money in the league.

Glenn

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:58 pm

This is why I liked the "play every team every week" way because then it has the same effect on every team if someone quits. Everyone gets a chance to win or lose vs them. Also it is nice to be down 6 games going into the final week and still have a shot to win best record.
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000 winner) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion ($100,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)
2012 NFFC Online 4th Place Overall

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:41 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by robertdaytop:

[/QUOTE]I agree with you!

Didn't the WCFF implement some kind of policy in regards to dead teams? I'm not even sure I like that or if that is the proper solution.

But what I do like is Frank's suggestion to ban a quitter. A real legit quitter, not someone who made an honest mistake and forgot to switch out their players.

I think something has to be addressed in regards to this and not just the answer in the past that folks paid their money and they can do what they want with it and the other answer of we aren't babysitters.

I also wonder at some point with more and more folks owning multiple teams and having silent partnerships, if this wouldn't bring up another problem.
@RedRyder