NFFC Rules Changes Proposed For 2018; Let's Discuss

Sandman62

Re: NFFC Rules Changes Proposed For 2018; Let's Discuss

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:59 am

hammer wrote:
Sandman62 wrote:
Coyote Streakers wrote:Thursday Players: Please allow Thursday players that aren't started to be available to drop and Thursday players who are on waiver wire available for pickup Friday. These players should be available for pickup imo as everyone is on level playing field and got to watch their performance. If for some reason we can drop Thursday players that weren't started disregard earlier comment.
There's a difference: though everyone got to watch their performance, they were only on one fantasy team. So that team got to see one of their players play that week and can replace him before the Sunday games. So say that player got hurt in the Thursday game and that's why the owner wants to replace him. He gets to do that in this week's [Friday] waiver period, while everyone else - whose players get hurt on Sunday (the same week) - has to wait til next week.
There is no unfairness in this fact; there is no "uneven-ness" of the playing field in this example. The owner of said Thursday player had to pay the cost of drafting the guy or adding the guy in free agency; every owner in that league will have had the ability to do so... this dynamic is exactly similar to the draft or regular FAAB where owners make value judgements about the cost of player ownership.

I think allowing Thursday players to be dropped in Friday's waivers will make the NFFC better
While I've already agreed that there are probably more pros than cons to allow dropping Thurs. players... I do believe that neither solution is perfect. As I've said, any week that a Thurs. player has a significant impact (positive or negative), there is a slight advantage that week for that player's owner: they have an extra game's worth of data to decide whether to keep him on Fri. FAAB. This could potentially even out over the course of the season; but I doubt it, as most Thurs. bench players are usually irrelevant. So not every owner will likely get a chance to use such data sometime in the season.

Again, I agree that it's not a big advantage, given how infrequently it's likely to matter. But it's not entirely free either.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:07 pm

ChiTwn wrote:As Billy mentioned regarding 4th place getting cash in high stakes.

I agree it should only be the high stakes that make this change. Keep all other consolation prizes the same. Why not take a vote with all your high stakes players? Should be easy enough through survey monkey.

Honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to my consolation brackets. Just made sure I had active players.
Please take a vote on this, Greg.

Any league that is a SUPER or higher, should not be giving consolation $$$. Give that money to 4th place.

A team who finishes 2nd in points and 2nd in record through 13 weeks should get SOMETHING instead of some team who was never in the hunt, but had a good 3 weeks.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Agreed Billy!

Wayne

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:02 pm

I agree also. I think it should be like that in all leagues. I realize that the game operators try to keep people interested so maybe Greg and Tom could try to start something called Hit and Run leagues. You could treat it like a DC and it would be for weeks 14 + 15 + 16.$50 or $100 and winner-takes-all. 20 rounds so drafts would be quick. There's just no need for a losers bracket prize money
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

TheReckoner

Post by TheReckoner » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Agree with Billy.... makes no sense. I also wouldn’t pay best record, although would keep the playoff structure the same. To me record is mostly luck and the money can be used in the playoffs to enhance the top prize.

nails

Post by nails » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:10 pm

one thing I really agree with is with online championships..

if we had 4 teams make playoffs in that format, i'd join 20 of those leagues.. the way it is now, really gives an advantage to the other high stakes leagues and their formats allowing the 4 teams to make playoffs..
Bring it on .

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:14 am

nails wrote:one thing I really agree with is with online championships..

if we had 4 teams make playoffs in that format, i'd join 20 of those leagues.. the way it is now, really gives an advantage to the other high stakes leagues and their formats allowing the 4 teams to make playoffs..
I agree with you, Mike.

Having just 2 teams get a playoff bid out of 12 (and less than 5-1 payoff for league winner) makes those leagues tough to join for me. I can't tell you how many times I was easily (by over 100 points) better than the team who won best record, got a playoff berth, had an average week 14, and end up getting ZERO $$$$.

I don't know how you change those leagues, without cutting into the current pay table. Maybe record gets in, but doesn't get regular season money, and top points and 2nd top points get the $1500/%700 (actually I like that for ALL leagues.....Shawn suggested that) :D

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:49 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
ChiTwn wrote:As Billy mentioned regarding 4th place getting cash in high stakes.

I agree it should only be the high stakes that make this change. Keep all other consolation prizes the same. Why not take a vote with all your high stakes players? Should be easy enough through survey monkey.

Honestly, I wasn't paying much attention to my consolation brackets. Just made sure I had active players.
Please take a vote on this, Greg.

Any league that is a SUPER or higher, should not be giving consolation $$$. Give that money to 4th place.

A team who finishes 2nd in points and 2nd in record through 13 weeks should get SOMETHING instead of some team who was never in the hunt, but had a good 3 weeks.
Can i agree again with this vote strategy?

Honestly I feel like high stakes players aren't as concerned about the consolation prizes. Most players are doing a few teams, where they are in at least 1 playoffs. And we are paying attention to that team more than the consolation bracket.