Who Goes In The First Round Of The 2018 NFFC Drafts?

Greg Ambrosius

Who Goes In The First Round Of The 2018 NFFC Drafts?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Tonight on our SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio show, Tom, myself and Darik Buchar will have a mock First Round draft for 2018. That's right, we're each making four first round picks for 2018 and explaining them. It will be on the 11:30 pm ET segment tonight, so listen in or hear it tomorrow On Demand. I think you'll like it.

We'll post the 12 players we selected on this thread tomorrow. But feel free to chime in here beforehand and I'll buy a Corona to the person who gets all 12 of our picks correct. Thanks all and enjoy.

I have a feeling a lot of Running Backs will find their way into next year's First Round. ;) Could it be 8 RBs next year? 9? Even 10? :shock: What do you think?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BigBlueNation

Re: Who Goes In The First Round Of The 2018 NFFC Drafts?

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:38 pm

A trio of us were talking over lunch the other day. The question was "How many RB's would go in the first 2 rounds of Trendsetters next year?" I believe we counted up to 22 as a possibility. Remember, it is a 14 team DC. I think we named six WRs.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 pm

I will take a shot at the Corona and guess who you guys select tonight:

RB (8) - DJ, Bell, Zeke, Gurley, Gordon, Hunt, Kamara (by Tom), Fournette
WR (4) - Brown, Julio, Beckham, Hopkins

I guess that drops Evans, Green, McCoy, Freeman, and Jordy from this year's top 12 ADP. Hmm.

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:44 pm

I'll give it a shot: 1.Bell 2.Gurley 3.Zeke 4.Kamara 5.D.Johnson 6-A.Brown 7.D.Hopkins 8.A.J.Green 9.OBJ 10.Fournette 11.McCoy 12.Julio

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:50 pm

greenwichsttavern wrote:I'll give it a shot: 1.Bell 2.Gurley 3.Zeke 4.Kamara 5.D.Johnson 6-A.Brown 7.D.Hopkins 8.A.J.Green 9.OBJ 10.Fournette 11.McCoy 12.Julio
I like this list except for I don't see McCoy in the first round next year. I wouldn't touch him in the second next year. I think the rest are locks for the first in most drafts.

Some other guys who could sneak in to the first round are Keenan Allen, Dalvin Cook, Michael Thomas (just because of situation), Melvin Gordon ( I wouldn't take him here but he could go early), Mark Ingram...... And there could always be that trade where somebody lands in a great spot.

I think Hunt is a second, Joe Mixon could be a second, McCaffrey is a second, Tyreek, Thielen???, Cooks, Davante, Dez (2nd or 3rd), TY if Luck is back.

I"m sure I'm missing some players here.

Wayne

TheReckoner

Post by TheReckoner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Coltsfan wrote:
greenwichsttavern wrote:I'll give it a shot: 1.Bell 2.Gurley 3.Zeke 4.Kamara 5.D.Johnson 6-A.Brown 7.D.Hopkins 8.A.J.Green 9.OBJ 10.Fournette 11.McCoy 12.Julio
I like this list except for I don't see McCoy in the first round next year. I wouldn't touch him in the second next year. I think the rest are locks for the first in most drafts.

Some other guys who could sneak in to the first round are Keenan Allen, Dalvin Cook, Michael Thomas (just because of situation), Melvin Gordon ( I wouldn't take him here but he could go early), Mark Ingram...... And there could always be that trade where somebody lands in a great spot.

I think Hunt is a second, Joe Mixon could be a second, McCaffrey is a second, Tyreek, Thielen???, Cooks, Davante, Dez (2nd or 3rd), TY if Luck is back.

I"m sure I'm missing some players here.

Wayne

Also disagree with Chris here.... and I’ll go further I’m not sure mccoy makes it into the 2nd round.

Here’s my list

1. DJ - at current system without full scale overhaul DJ is the focal point no question. In passing game and on the ground.
2a. Gurley
2b. Bell
4.Brown
5. Zeke
6.Hopkins
7. Kamara although I strongly disagree at current time. Name power will make him the sexy pick. If he goes above this.... that’s insanity. The volume isn’t there.. at current time.
8.obj
9.fournette
10. Keenan Allen
11. Aj
12. Evans

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Here's my list:

1. Le'Veon Bell
2. Todd Gurley
3. David Johnson
4. Antonio Brown
5. Ezekiel Elliott
6. DeAndre Hopkins
7. Odell Beckham
8. Dalvin Cook
9. Alvin Kamara
10. Leonard Fournette
11. A.J. Green
12. Mark Ingram

Definitely could bump Kamara up but not sure he'd go higher than 7th for me. Brown is still a PPR god and Hopkins should be insanely great with a healthy Watson again.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 pm

This was our list from last night's show and today's podcast:

1. Le'Veon Bell
2. Todd Gurley
3. David Johnson
4. Ezekiel Elliott
5. Anthonio Brown
6. DeAndre Hopkins
7. Dalvin Cook
8. Alvin Kamara
9. Odell Beckham Jr.
10. Leonard Fournette
11. Mark Ingram
12. Sequan Barkley

Thoughts?

That leaves Julio Jones, A.J. Green, LeSean McCoy and Melvin Gordon for the second round. We will tackle the second round in next week's show.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:03 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:This was our list from last night's show and today's podcast:

1. Le'Veon Bell
2. Todd Gurley
3. David Johnson
4. Ezekiel Elliott
5. Anthonio Brown
6. DeAndre Hopkins
7. Dalvin Cook
8. Alvin Kamara
9. Odell Beckham Jr.
10. Leonard Fournette
11. Mark Ingram
12. Sequan Barkley

Thoughts?

That leaves Julio Jones, A.J. Green, LeSean McCoy and Melvin Gordon for the second round. We will tackle the second round in next week's show.
On Wednesday we projected the Second Round for 2018:

13. A.J. Green
14. Keenan Allen
15. Julio Jones
16. Michael Thomas
17. Melvin Gordon
18. Josh Gordon
19. Davante Adams
20. Adam Thielen
21. Tyreek Hill
22. Brandin Cooks
23. Kareem Hunt
24. Kenyon Drake

That leaves Mike Evans, LeSean McCoy, Jordy Nelson, Devonta Freeman, Christian McCaffrey, Joe Mixon, Gronk and all of the top QBs for the Third Round. With 3RR, this could be a loaded Top 30 to 36. Enjoy.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:59 am

Bell is the # 1 pick IMO --- what more does the guy have to do..... he's not a knucklehead like Zeke, he's not coming off an injury like DJ....his workload is higher than most....he catches passes, he runs, and he's still in his prime. That's your guy.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne