J-E-T-S, J-E-TS, JETS, JETS, JETS!

Greg Ambrosius

J-E-T-S, J-E-TS, JETS, JETS, JETS!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:06 am

Okay, we have a lot of New York Jets fans in the NFFC, so please explain to me: WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THAT ORGANIZATION?

I mean, they cut LB David Harris after he played 98 percent of their defensive plays and now they are going to cut or trade WR Eric Decker. You can say they are saving money and building with youth, but do you think they are just tanking the season in hopes of getting the No. 1 pick next year and the top QB in the draft? I mean if I'm a season ticket holder I have to be wondering if there's anything to look forward to this season.

With the NFL Draft no longer in New York City, we're seeing less and less of Jets fans. Will that be the case at home games, too? ;) Inquiring minds want to take the temperature from New York, so let us know. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Re: J-E-T-S, J-E-TS, JETS, JETS, JETS!

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:17 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:do you think they are just tanking the season in hopes of getting the No. 1 pick next year and the top QB in the draft?
Yup. Like many NBA teams they've decided that struggling to attain mediocrity is pointless so they're gonna piss a season away with the hope they can land the next big thing at QB in the 2018 draft. I'm not sure this is the approach I would take since, unlike the NBA, it's much easier to rebuild quickly into prominence in the NFL. It's definitely risky and clearly will turn off fans for the 2017 season but if Josh Allen is a true superstar QB the plan may be worth it.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:03 am

Darnold from USC is the prize for having a terrible year this year
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:36 am

Let's suppose I'm new to this, help me out...Who are the Jets? :? When was the last time they were relevant?
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:28 pm

If they really wanted to tank, they should have re-signed Ryan Fitz-MAGIC. You can't spell Ryan Fitzpatrick without the INT. Only in NY do they think they are a legitimate contender with this noodle-armed, INT machine at QB. The 2016 NY Jets Offense made Rich Kotite look like a disciple of Bill Walsh. Their offense should go down in the annals as "Minus 3 yards, an INT, & a cloud of bust."

For a franchise more known for the comedy show every April otherwise known as the NY Jets Draft (see Ken O'Brien > Dan Marino, Kyle Brady > Warren Sapp, Blair Thomas, Jeff Lagemann, Johnny Mitchell....and on & on & on...), for having hired the greatest coach in NFL history for two days before losing him to the divisional rival N.E. Patriots, for having a clown otherwise known as Joe Namath as a franchise icon, for having their QB break his jaw in a fight with a teammate a month before the opener, and for the butt fumble, calling the 2017 Jets a joke for tanking the season is simply stating the obvious.

Jets Draft Blunders Montage: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Lombardi's Power Sweep, Walsh's Slant Pattern, Sanchez's Butt Fumble. Never has such an iconic play better symbolized a franchise than this. What is going on with the Jets franchise you ask? Just business as usual.

Only in NY city is an irreleveant, blundering franchise that still lives off of the glory of Joe Namath & the 1968 Jets somehow made relevant to the rest of the country. Straight out releasing their best players and not even getting draft picks in a trade is so J-E-T-S...JETS, JETS, JETS. Strike that, what would be soooo J-E-T-S would be intentionally trying to tank and finishing 7-9 and not getting the top pick. Fireman Ed & all the other season ticket holders this year should just wear dunce caps & chant, C-H-U-M-P-S, CHUMPS, CHUMPS, CHUMPS!

Go Bears! 8-)

COZ

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:22 pm

And why the hell are they calling steve smith and trying to get him out of retirement ??????? Wtf !!!!!!
I.W
Johnny Frisella

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:01 pm

[quote="COZ"]If they really wanted to tank, they should have re-signed Ryan Fitz-MAGIC. You can't spell Ryan Fitzpatrick without the INT. Only in NY do they think they are a legitimate contender with this noodle-armed, INT machine at QB. The 2016 NY Jets Offense made Rich Kotite look like a disciple of Bill Walsh. Their offense should go down in the annals as "Minus 3 yards, an INT, & a cloud of bust."

For a franchise more known for the comedy show every April otherwise known as the NY Jets Draft (see Ken O'Brien > Dan Marino, Kyle Brady > Warren Sapp, Blair Thomas, Jeff Lagemann, Johnny Mitchell....and on & on & on...), for having hired the greatest coach in NFL history for two days before losing him to the divisional rival N.E. Patriots, for having a clown otherwise known as Joe Namath as a franchise icon, for having their QB break his jaw in a fight with a teammate a month before the opener, and for the butt fumble, calling the 2017 Jets a joke for tanking the season is simply stating the obvious.

Jets Draft Blunders Montage: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98
Lombardi's Power Sweep, Walsh's Slant Pattern, Sanchez's Butt Fumble. Never has such an iconic play better symbolized a franchise than this. What is going on with the Jets franchise you ask? Just business as usual.

Only in NY city is an irreleveant, blundering franchise that still lives off of the glory of Joe Namath & the 1968 Jets somehow made relevant to the rest of the country. Straight out releasing their best players and not even getting draft picks in a trade is so J-E-T-S...JETS, JETS, JETS. Strike that, what would be soooo J-E-T-S would be intentionally trying to tank and finishing 7-9 and not getting the top pick. Fireman Ed & all the other season ticket holders this year should just wear dunce caps & chant, C-H-U-M-P-S, CHUMPS, CHUMPS, CHUMPS!

==============================================================================

Coz, tell us how you really feel. :lol:

The Jets are tanking the season. I actually have no problem with the Harris or Decker releases. Even with those guys the Jets were a 4 win team tops. They need a QB in the worst way. Might as well play for 2018. Todd Bowles is one uninspiring dude also. He'll be lucky to make it through the year.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:31 pm

IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0658.JPG (32.19 KiB) Viewed 3788 times
COZ